DDD receives Cultural District Recognitionin News
Louisiana Cultural District Recognition Award
June 1, 2020
The Louisiana Cultural Districts program awarded a one-time recognition award in the amount of $1,000 to selected active Cultural Districts. The purpose of the award is to benefit designated Cultural Districts with funds to assist in the successful and continuous implementation of their individual plans for their District revitalization and growth.
The Hammond Downtown Development District used the funds to purchase a program called Locable. Locable has many benefits to the DDD including a new website, but it also offers district merchants a wide range of FREE tools. With the new Locable software, businesses in the DDD have access to the following services for FREE:
- A community wide calendar that can be used to easily update business information and hours on multiple online sites including google and the DDD website
- Job/volunteer boards
- Always up-to-date business information on the DDD directory
- Online marketing and advertising tools through the Marketing 3-4-5 program
- Web page for those without websites
- Mercantile software - online e-commerce tool to sell goods and gift cards online. Your online store also shows up on the DDD website.
- And much more!
The DDD launched it's new website in August 2020. The Locable tools will be available to Downtown businesses in September 2020.